Low Emission Zone – a breath of fresh air for today’s cities
Low Emission Zone is a breath of fresh air for today’s busy towns and cities, because cities account for over 80% of CO2 emissions worldwide. Society’s growing and justifiable concerns about noise and pollution from high-emission vehicles and traffic congestion need to be addressed as a matter of urgency. Low Emission Zone from Siemens is one of the key solutions.
Low Emission Zone
Reducing pollution where it matters
Low Emission Zone is a flexible, automatically enforced solution that uses best-in-class ANPR technology to search vehicle databases. It monitors and controls the passing of highly polluting vehicles through designated geographic areas – a modular, innovative, highly secure, and efficient solution that is helping to address city air quality problems.
How Low Emission Zone works in practice
- Traffic managers and planners determine the zones where pollution management will be required and the class of vehicles they would like to exclude.
- Working in consultation with the customer, Siemens installs Sicore ANPR cameras and air quality measuring equipment, using existing street infrastructure where possible.
- The roadside equipment communicates directly with the Siemens cloud-based IT infrastructure, avoiding unnecessary cabling.
- As part of the Low Emission Zone Service, Siemens offers predictive data for traffic and pollution, helping decision makers implement the appropriate air quality strategy.
- Siemens Low Emission Zone can be integrated to existing customer back-office billing solutions.
- Siemens will be on hand to provide advice and subsequent system alterations to ensure that the solution continues to satisfy service requirements and effectively reduces pollution.
Low Emission Zone. Community benefits
- Offers demonstrable air quality improvements
- No client IT infrastructure required
- Can be installed using existing street furniture
- Low cost implementation and annual subscription
- Almost infinitely scalable
- Very low incidence of offender evasion
- High quality Siemens service level agreements
- Europe-wide coverage and support
Downloads, support and services
Infrastructure and urban traffic control
Growing traffic volumes, increasing air pollution, rising costs: A mobility solution cannot solve all your infrastructure challenges on its own. But it will always contribute to making your city or municipality even more modern, more attractive and more environmentally friendly.
Low Emission Zone
Noise and pollution from high-emission vehicles and traffic congestion needs to be addressed – London is the first city in the UK to rely on Siemens Low Emission Zone.
London installed Siemens technology
Since 2008 Siemens has operated the London-wide Low Emission Zone, the largest in the world
Discourages the use of the most polluting trucks, coaches, and buses
Improves air quality and health across the capital
Low emission zones intoday’s cities
Low Emission Zone is a breath of fresh air for today’s busy towns and cities, meeting growing and justifiable concerns about noise and pollution from high-emission vehicles and traffic congestion.