Flexible, versatile solutions for PC-based automation
With PC-based automation, you can implement applications and solutions that far exceed the functions of a classic controller. SIMATIC PC-based products offer you a flexible, innovative platform with long-term availability that gives you a home field advantage when meeting the challenges of the digital factory for your machines and plants.
A home field advantage in the digital factory
In manufacturing and production, linking information across all corporate levels increases the demands placed on computing power, functions and availability. With SIMATIC PC-based, you can already prepare your machines and plants for the challenges of the digital factory today.
Faster arrival at the finished solution
The system-tested components of SIMATIC PC-based reduce testing, validation, and integration overhead and shorten the time to market, as well as supporting you in operation.
- Redundancy (hard disks, servers, and integrated UPSs) guarantee high system and data availability
- Intelligent diagnostics reduce downtime and permit preventive maintenance
- Attractive package reduces the total cost of ownership
Be open and independent
The SIMATIC S7-1500 Software Controller combines the benefits of SIMATIC controllers with the benefits of PC-based automation. You can easily implement interfaces to PC applications and integrate real-time-capable, high-level language code into your solution – and can use the same tools for engineering as you do with SIMATIC S7-1500 Advanced Controllers.
- Fail-safe control thanks to Safety Integrated
- High level of security thanks to know-how protection and access protection with Security Integrated
- User-friendly engineering in the TIA Portal
Handy assistant in the factory
The SIMATIC ITP1000 Tablet PC offers the performance of SIMATIC PC-based in a tablet format. This powerful mobile device supports you in your daily production and manufacturing tasks and is rugged and durable.
- Ideal platform for acquiring, processing and transferring data in accordance with specific commercial requirements
- Supports sequences in production, warehousing, plant maintenance, and field service
- High availability thanks to Remote Manager and integrated diagnostics
The right information in the right place
Flexible, scalable, powerful visualization with SIMATIC WinCC makes your production sequences transparent. It helps you to optimize processes and boost the availability of your machines and production plants.
- PC-based control and monitoring solution for standalone systems at the machine level
- Basic package for visualization, reporting, and logging and user management, flexibly expandable through VB scripts
- Expanded service concepts with remote operation, diagnosis and administration via intranet and Internet in combination with e-mail communication
Performance for intelligent automation
With flexible production concepts in the digital factory, the range of digital image processing tasks also grows. SIMATIC industrial PCs are the ideal platform for fast and accurate industrial image processing.
- Powerful, reliable hardware
- High-performance quality inspection, machine operation, parts identification, process control, and code reading
- Flexible expansion options
Transform data into information
With SIMATIC IPCs and SIMATIC IOT2000, you easily and securely connect your existing plants with the cloud or your IT and thus integrate them into the digital factory.
- Open platform for acquiring, processing, and transferring production data to the cloud or in-house IT
- Rugged, maintenance-free gateways
- Reliable industrial servers
Made for Industry
Get started now with SIMATIC PC-based automation
SIMATIC Industrial PCs: examples of concrete applications
Usability – a question of design
Future-proof thanks to long-term availability of the devices and simple changeover to new innovative products
Low operation and training effort thanks to simple, operator-oriented design of the production process
Innovative operator concepts by taking into consideration well-known interaction concepts, such as with tablets and smartphones
Control system optimizes productivity
SIMATIC WinCC V7 has improved the performance and process safety of Hot Dip Galvanizing Plant 2 at Thyssenkrupp Steel Europe
Data availability in the Process Historian and the link to the ERP-System enable detailed long-term analyses that are used to optimize the plant
Operation, maintenance and service are supported through secure network access to the plant at all times and from any location
Ready for the technology of tomorrow
Innovative charging infrastructure for electric vehicles
Pioneers in technology are working on the charging infrastructure of the future
Combining innovative solutions in one product
SIMATIC PC-based for you
Ready for any requirement
SIMATIC PC-based offers you a wide range of ideally matched product series that will help you to find precisely the right solution for your PC-based automation. Take advantage of an optimal cost-benefit ratio and high investment protection. And if you have any questions or special requirements, we will be happy to assist you at any time.