Dresser-Rand KG2 Gas Turbines
Minimal maintenance and a compact footprint
Power generation for the oil and gas industry, onshore and offshore
High reliability and easy maintenance
The Dresser-Rand KG2 gas turbines are an industrial gas turbine with a power output range of 2MW. The turbines combine minimal maintenance in a compact footprint that make them ideal for continuous power generation onshore and offshore, emergency and standby power and combined heat and power (CHP) plants. Because of their simple, low maintenance design, high reliability and operational experience, the Dresser-Rand KG2 turbine generator packages are the preferred solution for 2MW power requirements. The wide fuel range enables operation on extremely low heating value fuels, landfill gas, and associated gas from crude oil production. The Dresser-Rand KG2 gas turbines are also available in an externally fired configuration for those customers with off-combustor technologies.
Overview of benefits
- High availability and operating reliability
- Competitive cost-to-power ratio
- Outstanding load acceptance and shedding characteristics
- Available with a Dry Low Emissions (DLE) combustion system or Power Oxidizer for low NOx emissions
- On-site maintenance possible
- Rapid core engine exchange option (minimizes downtime)
- Proven in applications in combined heat and power (CHP) plants
Industrial power generation
For industrial power generation, the KG2 gas turbine is suitable for the following applications:
- Gas turbine power plants (simple cycle applications)
- Combined cycle power plants (combined cycle applications)
- Combined heat and power (CHP)
- Power generation for the oil and gas industry, on offshore platforms and FPSO vessels (Floating Production, Storage and Offloading)
The KG2 3G is available with a Dry Low Emissions (DLE) combustion system, providing extremely low NOx emission levels.
If ultra-low emissions are required due to strict environmental regulations, then the KG2 with Power Oxidizer is the gas turbine of choice.
- Lowest emissions possible below the most stringent environmental regulations.
- Control of emissions in oxidizer, eliminating the need for post-exhaust treatment systems, chemicals and catalysts.
- Significantly reduced emissions output allows simplified permitting process as a minor source
Low calorific and waste gas stream
If you have a low calorific gas that cannot be used in a standard gas turbine or reciprocating engine, or have a difficult waste gas stream, then the KG2 with Power Oxidizer is the best available option. This system can operate on virtually any waste gas stream eliminating the need for blending, the use of flares or other thermal oxidizer technologies, making power and heat energy with ultra-low emissions.
- Run fuels with gas energy levels as low as 50 Btu/scf
- Operation on a wide variety of fuels from 5% methane to 100% propane
- Is tolerant of Hydrogen Sulfide and Siloxanes in most cases, eliminating the need for pre-treatment
Technical Data for Dresser-Rand KG2 Gas Turbines
KG2 w/Power Oxidizer
KG2 Externally Fired
|Fuel||Natural gas||Gas, liquid and dual fuels||Virtually any waste gas stream||External heat source|
|Frequency||50/60 Hz||50/60 Hz||50/60 Hz||50/60 Hz|
|Output shaft speed||1,500 / 1,800 rpm||1,500 / 1,800 rpm||1,500 / 1,800 rpm||1,500 / 1,800 rpm|
|Exhaust mass flow||9.5 kg/s||15 kg/s||9.5 kg/s||9.35 kg/s|
|NOx emissions||≤ 24 vppm at 15% O2 (with DLE)||Fuel dependent||< 1 vppm at 15% O2|