Traineeship Program in European Logistics and Customer Service Team
The traineeship program gives students an opportunity to explore career opportunities in customer services, business administration and logistics in a flexible mode.
Looking for an opportunity to grow?
The Business Service Center provides an array of opportunities to develop at different career levels. If you are looking for a part-time traineeship that allows you to study and gain professional experience at the same time, look no further.
What we do?
Daily work of the team aims to ensure smooth performance of deliveries to our customers throughout Europe. We remain in touch with colleagues from other units abroad, and with customers from different countries across the continent. The team in Warsaw also provides logistics support to approximately 30 other Siemens companies. The major markets we are currently supporting include Scandinavian countries, the Baltic States, the Netherlands, United Kingdom and German-speaking countries.
The team has grown tremendously over the last years. What started as a small team, is now a unit hiring over 70 employees. The Order Handling Services team will continue to grow and thus provide traineeship and hiring opportunities by expanding its operations to new business areas and countries.
How to apply?
The traineeship is a 6-month opportunity to grasp invaluable business experience. Each trainee is assigned a Mentor- a colleague who prepares the traineeship plan, supervises the learning process and supports in every day challenges.
Trainees can delve into the full spectrum of activities performed by the team, from simpler tasks to complex processes. Each team has responsibility over different country or client.
The traineeship is based on a civil contract and hourly pay. 25 hours a week is the minimum time required to be in the office. Everyday responsibilities typically include:
- Processing orders in the system (SAP) based on the input from customers and salesmen,
- Supporting Order Managers/Specialists in the administrative duties,
- Close cooperation with various internal departments, monitoring deliveries,
- Preparing reports in the system,
- In the further stage: Actively proposing process optimizations, supporting LEAN projects.
How does the traineeship look like?
Candidates do not have to speak Polish language to apply.
We require the candidates to:
- Have a student status, preferably in field of management, economics, administration, logistics,
- Have fluent written and verbal communication in English (a must),
- Be available to work at least 25 hours per week,
- Knowledge of other European language (e.g. German, Swedish, Norwegian, Dutch, Danish) will be a great asset.
For a full list of requirements, please refer to the current traineeship advertisement.
What are the requirements?
Click the button below to go to our job advertisements website. Traineeship offers are published, depending on the business need, throughout the year.