Please use another Browser

It looks like you are using a browser that is not fully supported. Please note that there might be constraints on site display and usability. For the best experience we suggest that you download the newest version of a supported browser:

Internet Explorer, Chrome Browser, Firefox Browser, Safari Browser

Continue with the current browser

Milestones of business development

1880–1990

1887–1904

Construction of power plants and street lighting systems in the cities of Belgrade (1887), Pozarevatz (1899), Uzice (1903), Nisch, Schabatz and Leskovatz (all 1904) and electrification of the Royal Palace in Belgrade

 

1898

Siemens & Halske (S&H) supplies switchgears and lighting for the National Theater in Belgrade

 

1906

Milorad Dimitrijevic becomes official representative of the Siemens companies in Belgrade

 

1908–1911

Construction of a hydroelectric power plant in Ivanjica, which remained in operation until 1958

 

1921

ÖSSW and S&H Vienna found the Yugoslavian Siemens AG (Jugoslovensko Siemens d.d. Zagreb-Beograd, JUSAG) with headquarters in Zagreb

 

1921

Opening of a Technical Bureau in Belgrade, which is responsible for Serbia, Montenegro and Macedonia

 

1923

MAN and SSW supply a total of 30 tram railcars

 

1929

JUSAG takes over ODELGA Belgrade and establishes a department of medical engineering

 

1931

Commissioning of the main telephone exchange in Belgrade with 11,000 subscriber lines, several years later combination with surrounding towns to form the independently operating network group of Belgrade

 

1941

Dissolution of JUSAG and founding of Srpski Siemens Elektrik AG Belgrade (SSEAG) with SSW and S&H each owning 50 percent

 

1944

Connection with SSEAG ceases

 

1954

Agency contracts concluded with Generalexport

 

1956–1961

Installation of Siemens equipment in Kolubara Thermal Power Plant

 

1959

Siemens enters into partnership with Elektronska Industrija with headquarters in Nis in Belgrade

 

1966

Order from Yugoslavian state railways for a remote control system for the substations and overhead lines of rail routes in Serbia

 

1971–1981

Establishment and expansion of the telecommunications network of the Yugoslavian postal, telegraph and telephone services

1996

Siemens founds the Regional Company Siemens d.o.o. in Belgrade for Serbia and Montenegro

 

1996

Contract with PTT Traffic Enterprise for installation of an EWSD system with a million telephone connections

 

2002

Siemens receives several orders for revitalizing/modernizing the power distribution network in Serbia and installing control systems for the thermal power plant Nikola Tesla A

 

2003

Installation of Siemens devices at 150 train stations begins. The Dimitrovgrad train station is among the most sophisticated

 

2004

Siemens d.o.o. is honored as the best foreign company by the Serbian Chamber of Commerce and presented with the "Best Partner 2004" award

 

2005

Siemens acquires the factory Loher Elektro Subotica which produces wind turbines

 

2008

Completion of Block 3 of the 65-MW power plant Kolubara for the Serbian power utility EPS

 

2009

At the Clinical Centre of Serbia, the National PET Centre – the first institution for advanced medical diagnostics in Serbia – equipped with Siemens state-of-the-art devices for diagnostics and therapy monitoring, opens

 

2011

Siemens carries out the automation of all lines of the crushing plant at the Kolubara mine

 

2013

Siemens receives an order from Serbian Railways (ZS) to equip the Gilje–Cuprija–Paracin section of the pan-European corridor X with signaling and control systems