Please use another Browser

It looks like you are using a browser that is not fully supported. Please note that there might be constraints on site display and usability. For the best experience we suggest that you download the newest version of a supported browser:

Internet Explorer, Chrome Browser, Firefox Browser, Safari Browser

Continue with the current browser

Milestones of business development

1890–1990

 

1890–1900

Siemens & Halske (S&H) Vienna builds power stations in numerous Romanian cities and an electric tramway in Bucharest

 

1899–1903

"Elektrizitäts-Aktiengesellschaft vorm. Schuckert & Co." constructs the Bacau power station in Romania

 

1905

Founding of the heavy-current business company "Rumänische Elektrizitätsgesellschaft Siemens-Schuckert" (Societatea Romana de Electricitate Siemens-Schuckert SA) in Bucharest

 

1908

S&H assigns representation of its interests in Romania to the company "Aktiengesellschaft für Maschinenhandel und technische Unternehmungen vormals Eugen Behles"

 

1922

Business of the "Rumänische Elektrizitätsgesellschaft Siemens-Schuckert" is resumed after World War One; headquarters are re-established in Bucharest and sub-offices are founded in Sibiu, Timisoara and Cluj

 

1923                                                                                            

The activities in the area of electro-medical equipment are managed by the company SA Industria Medico Tehnica headquartered in Cluj

 

1928–1930

Siemens equips the Timisosara power station

 

1938

The termination of the agency contract with Behles is followed by representation of S&H AG in Romania by the Romanian SSW company

 

1965

Siemens supplies electrical equipment to the aluminium combine Slatina in a multiple-stage project

 

1965

The three Siemens parent companies are represented with their own pavilion at the Technical Fair in Bucharest, Romania, organized by the Federal Republic of Germany

 

1966

Siemens receives order from Industrialimport Bucharest to supply the complete electrical equipment for the automated blooming train for the Hunedoara steel works

 

1969

Siemens installs electrical equipment, particularly process automation systems, at the iron and steel works Gheorghe Dej near Galati

 

1969

Founding of the "Siemens Birou de Consultatii Tehnice" in Bucharest which serves as a liaison office between the state-controlled Romanian industry and Siemens AG

 

1970

A major order for healthcare equipment for ten Romanian hospitals is received

1990

After the political changes in Romania Siemens founds a sales office in Bucharest

 

1990

Siemens, the Romanian company Electromagnetica and the Rom Post Telecom found the joint venture Emcom for manufacturing Siemens’ digital electronic switching system EWSD

 

1995

The Siemens medical division sets up sales and service company Siemens Tehnica Medicala SRL in Romania

 

2000

Regional Company Siemens SRL is established in Romania

 

2000

Siemens opens a Research and Engineering Centre for automotive technology in Timisoara

 

2001

The Romanian National Railway awards Siemens a major contract to supply 120 multiple-unit Desiro trains

 

2004

Siemens is awarded a contract to modernize Romania’s biggest substation, Bucharest South

 

2005

Siemens acquires Romanian IT service provider Forte SRL

 

2005

Simea Sibiu SRL, a new production facility for industry automation, is established

 

2007

Acquisition of Romanian industry service provider Frosys SRL

 

2008

Siemens receives order to supply a new main drive for the finishing stand of ArcelorMittal’s plate mill in Galati

 

2012

Integration of Corporate Technology Brasov

 

2014

The Evosoft center opens in Cluj-Napoca

 

2014

LMS is integrated into Siemens and renamed Siemens Industry Software SRL