PSS®MOD – project modeling and data management for PSS®E
A better way for PSS®E users to manage and exchange model data across multiple time horizons and stakeholders
By revolutionizing the traditional approach to maintaining transmission network models, PSS®MOD's secure, web-based application and central data repository allow multiple users to submit, view, validate and audit planning model data including time-bound network changes organized as multiphase projects.
Submit, review, validate, and exchange data with ease
PSS®MOD is used by Independent System Operators (ISOs), Regional Transmission Operators (RTOs), Planning Authorities with remote members, and transmission companies with local users. PSS®MOD allows you to coordinate the submission of network model data from local and/or remote users and provides access to complete study cases “on demand” for any point in time.
PSS®MOD standard features
- Organize and reorganize study cases without the need to generate a multitude of PSS®E "base cases”
- Storage of a single master network model
- Accommodation of seasonal and annual profile data sets
- Treat projects as sets of data changes that are applied serially in any order specified by the user
- Export of a PSS®E file considering equipment commission/decommission dates and out-of-service and in-service dates
- Provision of an unlimited number of ratings to be applied as Rate A, B and C in an exported PSS®E case
Enhance your PSS®MOD base package with optional add-on modules
Short Circuit Data Manager
PSS®MOD gives you the ability to manage PSS®E Short Circuit Data (i.e. SEQ Files). Sequence Files can be imported into PSS®MOD Administrator and associated with the base case (via the bus number) or a specific project. PSS®MOD takes care to construct and export the correct Sequence File associated with the exported PSS®E case during the Case Build function.
Dynamics Data Manager
A value-added module used to import PSS®E Dynamics data (DYR) files associated with existing PSS®MOD projects, gives you the ability to submit, view and build PSS®E Dynamics case.
Streamline model management processes and increase productivity
Benefits of using PSS®MOD
Without the proper tools, the process of model exchange, assembly, and validation is very complex, error prone, and labor intensive. Homegrown solutions are a burden to maintain, and run the risk of becoming obsolete or unsupported. PSS®MOD provides the basis for transmission planning entities and planning engineers to automate and facilitate model management, benefits include:
- Reduction of data maintenance costs, modeling errors, and inconsistencies
- Increased productivity by minimizing time spent on model maintenance, building cases, and performing studies
- Elimination of duplicate data management efforts
- Application lifecycle cost savings derived by migrating from a custom internal application to a fully supported, industry standard product maintained by a major vendor – also hedging against an aging workforce
- North America: supports NERC-MOD-32 compliance
What’s new in PSS®MOD?
Downloads and support
Learn more about PSS®MOD
Would you like to know more about our project modeling and data management software for PSS®E? Here you will find all the latest information on PSS®MOD including brochures, webinars, support links, and more.
PSS®MOD in action
Learn how customers are benefiting from our PSS®MOD solution.