PSS®E – high-performance transmission planning and analysis software
and offers the distinct advantage of being one of the leading power transmission simulation and analysis tools in the world.
Ramp up to meet project demands – Purchase PSS®E instantly online!
The new PSS® Online Store allows you to quickly and conveniently purchase subscription-based PSS®E licenses using online payment methods. You can now purchase monthly or yearly subscriptions of PSS®E and its modules with full product support. Enjoy instant electronic delivery of software license and activation keys.
Providing an industry benchmark for simulation results
PSS®E is used by planning and operations engineers, consultants, universities, and research labs around the world. PSS®E allows you to perform a wide variety of analysis functions, including power flow, dynamics, short circuit, contingency analysis, optimal power flow, voltage stability, transient stability simulation, and much more.
Find your application
Improve efficiency and ensure reliability
Powerful, customizable, and fully-featured software
PSS®E standard features
- Fast and robust power flow solution for network models of up to 200,000 buses
- Lightning-fast steady-state contingency analysis, including automatic corrective actions and remedial action system modeling
- Full node-breaker support for detailed modeling of substation topology
- Automated PV/QV analysis with plot generation
- Powerful program automation and customization with fully-featured Python® API
- Balanced and unbalanced fault analysis and contingency analysis (deterministic and probabilistic)
- Modern graphical user interface
- Comprehensive power flow and dynamics model library, including emerging technologies such as advanced FACTS devices and wind turbines
- Code-based, user-written model building
- Powerful, easy-to-use integrated plot facility
- Graphical construction of user-defined controller models
Enhance and customize your PSS®E base package with a variety of optional add-on modules!
- Modeling and data exchange / interface modules
- Visualization modules
- Analytical modules
- Enhanced performance / workflow-speedup modules